I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Faux Border & 3D Butterfly {Thank You Card Tutorial}

 
Many times I create a border by layering papers. Sometimes, though, a simple card with no layering is all I need. I still wanted to add some dimension to this card, though, so I added a "faux" border and a 3D butterfly. It's really, really easy. Here's how you can make your own.

Start with a base card measuring 5.5x8.5 inches and fold/score it in half.
Cut a scrap piece of paper measuring 5.25x4 inches (if you'd like a thicker border, make this piece smaller).
Center the scrap piece of paper on your folded base.
Ink up a sponge or similar tool (you could use a cotton ball) with the ink of your choice.
While holding the scrap piece of paper in place, sponge/rub the ink onto the exposed portion of your base until it is entirely covered. Be sure not to let your scrap piece of paper slide around at all.

Remove the scrap piece of paper and you should have something that looks like this:

Your border is complete, so now we'll stamp the sentiment. You can do anything you like. Mine was "thank you" in this case. I used the same ink as the border.

Time for the butterfly! Cut a piece of white paper just big enough for the butterfly. Stamp the butterfly in the same ink. Use a 3D Crystal Lacquer and let it dry.

 I like to use this 3D Crystal Lacquer. You just have to be careful to keep the applicator tip nice and clean.
Next, cut out your butterfly.
Attach it to the card base using a dimensional adhesive (I use these).
Your card is done!




I'm linking at these great parties:
Mondays: Sweet Sharing Monday *  The Girl Creative * Destination: Cutesy Monday * What's In The Gunny Sack * Etcetorize * Made by you Monday*Make It Yourself Monday*Mop It Up Mondays*Make The Scene Monday*
Tuesdays: Riverton Housewives Roundup *  Show Me What You Got * Tuesday Time Out  * Tasteful Tuesdays * 
Wednesdays: Super Link Party * Show & Share * {Wow Me} Wednesday *From Dream To Reality*Create & Share*What I Whipped Up Wednesday*What We Wore & Made Wednesday*The Creative Spark Wednesdays* Milk & Cuddles*Made By Me Wednesdays*
Thursday: Pin'Inspirational Thursday Recipe Roundup *A Crafty Soiriee * Creative Thursday *Taylor House Thursday*Transformation Thursday*Hookin Up With HoH*Creative Juice Thursday*Live Laugh Linky Thursday* Link Party Thursday*
Fridays: Delicately Constructed Fridays * Flaunt It Friday * Financial Friday Link Up  *Friday Fun Party* Friday Flair*Pity Party*Frugal Friday*Friday Favorites*Weekend Craft Soiree*
Saturdays: Strut Your Stuff Saturday * Once Upon A Weekend * Sharing Saturday * Dare To Share Saturday * Craft, Create and Inspire * A Pinteresting Party*
Sundays: Nifty Thrifty Sunday * It's Overflowing Sunday Party  * Cooking & Crafts Party



Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

  1. Very cute card,Erin. I used to stamp all my cards. I have gotten out of the habit, but you inspire me to bring it out and start again. Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that! Great job. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Bucket List. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-11.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin,
    Love this card! Your projects are always so beautiful and inspiring. I SOOOO need to get out my stamping stuff and create, create, create! Thanks so much for sharing at Creative Thursday last week. I can't wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great day :)
    Michelle

    P.S. Are you a SU consultant by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Great tutorial!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm featuring this as well!

    Great job!

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! An adorable card that anyone would be lucky to receive! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend!
    Rebecca
    Heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/reeses-smore-brownies-and-wednesdays.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!